Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Weekend!

I'm really glad Lydia ended up being born a little early so we could use memorial day weekend to celebrate her birthday! I can't believe this girl turned two on Sunday. It seems like yesterday she was a sweet & cranky little newborn!


Our plans got totally ruined because of the nasty weather on Saturday. We wanted to go to Hogle Zoo, but we ended up going to a bouncy house place. Lydia and Carter had a blast though! We then went to my grandma and grandpas house for cake and ice cream.



This fake flower blooms when you push a button. Lydia said it was "beautiful"

Do you wanna know what she was so excited about ALL day?!


Her Elmo cake! I have a girl in my ward that make cakes so she was nice enough to make this for her so I didn't have to attempt :)


She was pretty amused at everyone singing happy birthday to her! She still sings "happy to you" occasionally now :)


She had been practicing so it only took her one try to get it blown out!


Since we didn't get to the zoo on Saturday we went on Monday (I'm just sad that Adam had to work!) I think EVERYONE in the SLC area had the same idea because it was ridiculously packed!


As a whole Lydia had a good time, but she wasn't too thrilled with us sitting her on this elephant. It makes grunting noises and spits water out of its nose.


Lucky she had "Mena" to save her.



And "Pa"

Carter was her play buddy all weekend too! They get each other VERY wound up!


Before I go I just wanted to list a few of Lydia's favorite things :)

-She still loves "B" (blankie)
-She loves coloring and painting
-She loves reading her books
-She loves all animals and making the noises!
-She is the best shopping buddy :) (She gets excited when I tell her we are going!)
-She loves her daddy and misses him when he is gone!
-She likes jumping
-She loves going swimming
-She can sing snowman, twinkle stars, and her abcs from start to finish
-She can count to 20
-She loves going down the biggest slides at the park
-She loves rocks
-She loves Elmo, Dora, and Spongebob
-She likes having her hair in piggies and having pretty bows in her hair. (I get asked ALL the time, even by strangers, how I get her to keep things in her hair)
-Some of my favorite phrases she says are "oh shoot!" "Oh man" "That's nice" "Up please"
She has a really big vocabulary and it's expanding like crazy!

There are a lot of other things, but my mind goes blank when I try to think of them :)


I hope Miss Lydie had a happy happy birthday! She is a ray of sunshine in our little home and there are many of us who couldn't imagine our life without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments...I love you all :)