Friday, June 3, 2011

One

Lydia is one.

She's graduating from being a baby and is becoming a little toddler.

Where did the last 12 months go?

Well we had a fun little birthday party for her last Friday and I thought it turned out great. Lydia took a little while to warm up to everyone being there, but then she socialized with her guests (especially after she had birthday cake).

First are some pictures from that morning when she got her birthday present from mom and dad.


I just had to put the bow on her head...it didn't stay on long.


We also got her some bubbles. She still isn't quite sure about them yet.


Later that evening was her party. We got her some balloons and it was the first time she has ever been around them. She was pretty impressed. She carried one or two around with her everywhere most the day and for a few days after her party too.


This one made me laugh...her nose looks like a little piggy.


Now it's birthday cake time! For everyone there this is what I made.

It's a strawberry fridge cake

Trying to get a picture with her walking around was poor planning on my part...
This is what I made for her. It's still a strawberry cake, but I made it in an ice cream cone-shaped pan and put stabilized whipped cream on top to look like ice cream.

The candle was a bit big so I had to hold  on to it AND I should have repainted my nails. I was going to but I got busy...now I wish i had

I had to buy the headband

Singing Happy Birthday to her...she couldn't figure out why so many people were staring  at her. 




This is truly the messiest she got. She has had a bigger mess during regular meal times.
Now here's the video of her with the birthday cake if you'd like to watch it!


1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe she is one! oh gosh...where does time go? what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments...I love you all :)