Okay SERIOUSLY?! How in the world is she already one. I thought it went by fast with Lydia, but I feel like we moved to warp speed. Even thought it has gone fast, I also can't imagine our home without her. She lights up our house and she is Lydia's little sister. We just love her to pieces.
Because her birthday is in December I didn't take one year photos. I take a lot of photos anyways and we had just gotten family pictures taken not too long ago. I will be getting some new "posed" and traditional photos in the spring/summer!
I REALLY wanted to do a cake smash on the floor with her. She LOVES food and I thought she would be totally game. I made her a cute little cake with some yummy whipped cream frosting and bought a few accessories for her to wear! WELL, that's not what happened. I got everything set up on the floor and she just was NOT having it. Oh well... at least my effort was documented :)
It quickly went from THIS
to THIS in a matter of seconds.
So we tried taking off the hat and got her to take a little taste.
That helped a little, but it wasn't long before she had just had enough!
So we decided this was going to be a no go and cleaned her up and gave it a rest for a bit. Then we decided to just put her in her high chair with ONE piece and then we gave her the whole cake. Not what I had in mind, but she did enjoy this better :)
AND that was Claire's birthday party that she won't even remember haha. I'm glad she came around and at least enjoyed her cake because it was REALLY good.
Her are also her stats from her 12 month check up!
Weight: 18.2 lbs (22%)
Height: 29.5" (58%)
She has 8 teeth and LOVES food, but only if she can feed it to herself.
She pulls herself up to things, but isn't walking quite yet.
She crawls and rolls everywhere.
She is a needy momma's girl!
Love you Claire Bear! Life wouldn't be the same without you.
AND then one last thing that happened that same weekend was Lydia had her very FIRST dance recital! Most of the pictures/videos were taken on my phone ( I need a better zoom ) so I just have the one photo. She looked so grown up and was the CUTEST one on stage for sure (not biased).
They did a tap dance to the Fixer Upper song from Frozen. She even got to wear a full face of makeup for the very first time and needless to say she LOVED that.

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the comments...I love you all :)